WIT Angels Club partners up with Rubik Garage Scale to USA
October 10, 2023
We’re very happy to have Women Invest in Tech Angels Club on board for this edition of the Rubik Garage Accelerator – Scale to USA!
Together, we will support startups with traction in a European country and want to launch or scale into the US market. The applications are open until November 1, and we encourage all founders with plans for the USA to hurry up and submit theirs, as we have limited spots in this cohort.
About WIT Angels Club
An all-female club, WIT demystifies investment in innovation and accompanies women to be part of the tech revolution through investment. This is the place where women can learn about becoming angel investors and invest in tech that matters. They are focused on three geographical areas (from the US and Europe): US, France, and Romania.
The two co-founders are:
- Ruxandra Muys-Stoian, a former PwC partner with over 20 years of experience in different markets (Romania, Russia&CIS, France), specialized in digital transformation. She is currently based in Silicon Valley, US, and an active accredited Angel Investor with 4 direct early-stage investments in 2022. Rux focuses on member relationships and club Share& Learn process.
- Andreea Saia – with an engineering background, Andreea has a strong passion for Tech world. With +11 years in Tech consulting (strategy, tech due diligence) and 2 years of entrepreneurship in Tech M&A, Andreea represents the Tech side – in charge of the investment process. She is based in Paris.
What is WIT saying about our collaboration
WIT Angels Club is delighted to partner with the Rubik Garage Accelerator – Scale to the USA Edition. From our first chats with the Rubik Hub team, it was clear they were building a program that is highly focused, pragmatic, and aimed at priming startups for success in the U.S. market.
The structure of the accelerator, including the intense kickoff bootcamp, ongoing mentorship, and Demo Days in both San Francisco and Austin, offers the kind of comprehensive support that startups need to scale effectively. It’s a hands-on approach that blends technical, operational, and strategic elements, which we like a lot.
Our club members are women angel investors from Romania, living in 10 different countries. We have a lot of experience scaling businesses and dealing with international challenges, making this partnership beneficial for both sides. We offer more than just money; we offer advice, mentorship, and a network that can help startups make it in the U.S.
Given that WIT Angels Club also has a footprint in the U.S., we see tremendous value in facilitating connections between European startups and U.S. stakeholders.
In short, our involvement in this accelerator aligns perfectly with our mission to support diverse founders and purpose-driven investments in technologies that promise both financial and social returns. We’re excited to inspire the startups to transform vision into action and passion into impact!
About Rubik Garage Scale to USA
Rubik Garage – Scale to USA is an equity-free and fee-free acceleration program tailored to European founders who want to expand into the US market.
This is your chance to get:
- 10-day trip to Silicon Valley & Austin, Texas, to meet American investors & partners during 2 Demo Days & many 1:1 meetings
- First-hand knowledge & 1:1 sessions with 8+ US-based investment syndicates & founders active on the USA market during 1:1 Meet the Investors sessions, live online workshops & coaching sessions
- Exposure during the largest tech event in Austin, Texas – SXSW Conference
- Connections with potential investors, partners, and clients from the CEE startup ecosystem during the Economic Delegation to the USA
- Bursaries & exclusive discounts
- Founders’ Bootcamp – A comprehensive 3-day in-person event at Rubik Hub (Piatra Neamt, Romania).
- Online Program – Dive deep with over 15 online workshops, personalized 1:1 mentoring sessions, exclusive ‘Meet the Investors’ rendezvous, and enlightening ‘Ask Me Anything’ sessions with successful founders.
- Immersion Week into the USA – travel & venture into the heart of the startup tech world with immersive weeks in Silicon Valley and Austin, Texas, culminating in March ’24 & 2 x Demo Days in San Francisco and Austin – in-person events to pitch in front of investors, in March `24.
Plus, Fortech Investments, our lead strategic partner, has pledged to invest up to 100,000 euros in startups that align with their portfolio and show immense potential.
Who else is on board
We have the support of four strategic partners – Fortech Investments, Google for Startups, WIT Angels Club, and AmCham Romania, one fundraising tech partner – Flowlie, and other pivotal community partners from the USA and Europe.
With such strong support, we think that this is a golden opportunity for any founder who wants to make their American startup dream come true! Make sure you apply before the deadline (November 1, 2023).