2022 Year in Review
January 5, 2023
2022, what a year you’ve been! Challenging, full of incertitudes, of longed-for in-person reunions, yet busier than ever, and a real roller coaster of emotions!
Looking back on last year, we are happy to say that we:
- Worked with over 150 startups
- Had over 2000 participants in the events organized and co-organized by us
- Enjoyed the support of over 100 mentors who offered over 500 mentoring hours to our community
- Were trusted by partners together with whom we offer a startup support package worth of over $150,000
- Hosted around 2000 guests in our hub from Piatra Neamt, Romania
It was the first year for us when we:
- Launched our Rubik Garage accelerator at an international level – buy the way, if you want to pre-apply for the next edition, complete this form and be the first one to get the chance of starting their acceleration journey!
- Had Startup Wise Guys, ROCAX, SeedBlink and Global Kinetics as strategic partners in Rubik Garage
- Collaborated with Global Kinetics from Silicon Valley in an acceleration program tailored to startups targeting the USA market
- Brought together the Romanian startup ecosystem at the first ROStartup conference
- Launched a program for startups looking to raise investment in the next 3-6 months
- Were selected as Accelerator of the Month by Vestbee (in November)
But it was also the year when we continued working on our mission of inspiring, educating and accelerating startups from 0 to 1 through:
- Two batches of Rubikigai, the program whose aim is to help participants discover their passions and mission, to create an impact business aligned with it
- Two batches of the RubikEDU incubator, tailored to learn participants how to get from idea to startup
- Being involved in bootcamps and mentoring activities (with the help of RubikEDU team) for students from several universities: The “Gheorghe Asachi” Technical University of Iasi, The Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iași, The “Ştefan cel Mare University” of Suceava, The “Vasile Alecsandri” University of Bacău, The Art and Design University of Cluj-Napoca
- Two batches of Rubik Garage accelerator
- One batch of the Investment Readiness Program, tailored to startups looking to raise an investment round. Until now, the startups from our community raised total investments of over 20 million euro
Our thoughts of gratitude go to all of the people who supported us in our mission: mentors, investors, startup founders, partners and the extended team of North-East RDA! Can’t wait to see what 2023 has in storage for us!
To stay in the loop with news from our community, subscribe to our newsletter here.